Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Today’s move in day. When I signed the lease, I was told that I wouldn’t be able to move in until sometime not in the morning. Once I woke up this morning, I headed over to the apartment to inquire about what time I could move in; I figured it was negotiable and I wanted to move in early, so I could buy anything I needed at the markets. I entered the gate and out came the landlord’s family. This is the conversation, with better grammar and without the numerous hand gestures.

Me: what time can I move in?

Family: Four.

Me: One?

Family: Tomorrow.

Me: No, I have to work tomorrow. It must be today.

Family: Not repaired yet.

Me: hmm... ok, two?

Family: Oh, the people (presumably the current tenants) are not at the airport then. Six.

Me: Four?

Family: Ok

So I guess I’m moving in at 4.

1 comment:

Danger Pioneer said...

you drive a hard bargain