Friday, September 28, 2007

This was my thursday:

Went to burmese embassy for visa, no pages left on my passport - 9:00 am, up to US embassy, american citizens can only do visa/passport stuff from 1 - 4 (now embassíes are the only place in the world, where you can be as racist/xenophobic, nationalistic as you want and no one can say a fucking word. so why the fuck don't they americans do their visa shit all the time and just let non-citizens do it for part of the day?! if i was secretary of state that would be job number 1.) so cant go into work, have brunch, at 1 go back to US embassy and at 3pm, i get my extra pages. then I go back down to the burmese embassy and reapply for the visa. (the burmese guys indicated that me and all my friends would have no problem getting the visas, but i think that was before they realized the burmese army started firing automatic weapons at monks.) that was my day, at least I was eating formaggio and drinking for most of it.

I find out on tuesday if my visa application was approved - lets hope it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear when in Burma its a good thing to bait and chide the armed forces ... they're pretty lenient with that sorta stuff

Viva la revolution and fuck facism